Let’s face it. Allergies make your life miserable. Between the runny or stuffy nose, itchy and watery eyes, coughing, sneezing, and other various symptoms, trying to get a good night’s sleep can be almost impossible. More and more frequently, people who have never suffered from allergies are starting to experience symptoms. A century ago, most allergies weren’t even recognized. Today, they’re a global problem. There are over 200 allergens out there that affect people and their ability to live their lives normally. And that’s just the allergens. Throw in the germs, viruses, and other pathogens that can infect our environments, and it can start to feel like nowhere is safe. And not only are allergies on the rise, but asthma, immune deficiency diseases, and other chronic conditions as well. People often don’t realize it, but there may be molds and other allergens, bacteria, germs, and a host of other pathogens hiding within their home causing their misery. It is widely thought that the shift in our lifestyles and how we spend more and more time indoors could be a significant contributing factor.
Types of Allergens
It is estimated that people spend as much as 80% of their lives in either their home or their work environment. Even routine cleaning can’t prevent many pathogens from affecting our daily lives:
Many of the cleaning products we use in our homes are carcinogenic toxins such as bleach and chlorine. They can be found in multi-purpose cleaners, detergents, and liquid and antibacterial soaps. These products not only trigger and aggravate a variety of allergy symptoms, but they are no longer cleaning or disinfecting the bacteria and “superbugs” in our homes.
Between 10-15% of the population has allergies to pets, which are also one of the most common causes of asthma. The fur, skin, saliva and even urine of cats and dogs can all contain allergens. Pet allergies can actually develop at any stage of life. If your dog or cat has had “accidents” in your home, even if you have cleaned the areas and can no longer smell the urine, those spots can be affecting your health and causing you allergic reactions.
A common trigger for indoor allergies, dust mites are microscopically tiny bugs that can be found in the dust particles that collect naturally around the house. It is not uncommon to find thousands of mites in a single gram of house dust. They thrive in warm, humid environments. They feed on the skin cells shed by people and are found in items such as bedding, upholstered furniture, and carpeting. At least 100 million people are affected by dust mite allergies worldwide. Dust mite allergies have been found to be an important “root cause” in the development of asthma in children.
Mold and mildew are fungi that can be found growing indoors and outdoors. When tiny mold spores travel through the air they can be inhaled causing an allergic reaction. There are thousands of types of molds, but not all cause allergic reactions. In people who do experience mold allergies, being exposed to mold causes the immune system to overreact. Some molds, like those referred to as black molds, can be toxic. These molds can not only be costly, but dangerous and cause a wide range of health problems.
Cigarette smoke contains a number of toxic chemicals and irritants. People with allergies tend to be more sensitive to cigarette smoke than others, and it may aggravate allergies. Smoking not only affects the smoker but those around them. Many are familiar with the terms first-hand and second-hand smoke, but there is a third factor referred to as third-hand smoke. Third-hand smoke is the name given to the toxic particles from cigarette smoke that settle onto the surfaces in hour home and remain long after the smoking has ceased. These toxic particles are very “sticky” and bond to the surfaces over time. Anyone that has bought a house or a car from a former smoker can attest to how hard it is to ever remove the odor. That is because these toxins are still there are active, months and even years after the smoking has stopped.
How to Improve the Air Quality in Your Home
Because most allergens are microscopic in size, regular cleaning is not sufficient to deal with the problem. Most home cleanings only deal with the surface areas of your home. These allergens and pathogens can make it anywhere in your home that air can go. You could spend tens of thousands of dollars having professional companies clean everything from your ducts to your carpets, and although that might help, it also cannot fix the problem.
That’s where the Bioactive neutralizing system comes in. Our electrostatic spraying system uses a 100% biodegradable, green, hospital-quality disinfectant. The electrostatic system charges the droplets to create a magnet effect. The charge on the droplets causes the spray to pull towards the target at 75 times the force of gravity. It even causes the droplets to reverse direction, moving against gravity in order to coat all sides of an object. This essentially means that anywhere air can go, so does the Bioactive spraying system. The disinfectant then produces a rapid kill over microorganisms including bacteria, viruses, pathogens, molds, fungi, mildew and a host of other allergens. It does not produce any harmul byproducts or leave behind any residue. It does not contain harmful VOCs. It can be used on most any surface without the need to be wiped away. And the best part….it will continue to disinfect and neutralize for up to 90 days!
For more information or to arrange for a no obligation consultation, contact us today.